What is Counselling?
Counselling is a 'talking therapy' that enables you to talk about your thoughts and feelings in a safe, confidential environment. Counsellors undergo specific training, based on theory and techniques and we draw upon these when working with our clients, to allow you to really explore those difficult emotions and gain some clarity as to what is going on for you.
As a counsellor, I will offer you an empathic listening ear without judgement. I may challenge certain perspectives and offer fresh ideas or coping strategies but ultimately, I am here to facilitate your journey to help you move forward with your life.
What types of issues can benefit from counselling?
- Emotional abuse/control
- Low self-esteem
- Life changes
- Identity issues
- Relationship difficulties
- Self harm
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Impact of abuse
amongst many more...
Benefits of counselling can include -
- Greater self-esteem, leading to increased confidence
- Better communication
- Greater clarity of thoughts and feelings
- Understanding of how past issues may impact on the present
- Increased resilience - less likely to feel anxious and stressed in difficult situations
- Change unhelpful patterns of thoughts and behaviours
- Healthy coping mechanisms